In this week’s edition of The Goodness Report, we’re highlighting Civics For Life, a Sandra Day O’Connor Institute online initiative addressing the knowledge gap in American civics education. Idea Hall was brought in for the program’s launch and to raise awareness of Civics For Life in the U.S. market, drive users and participants, and provide public relations support.
Civics For Life is a multigenerational online resource for civics education, civil discourse and civic engagement that supports anyone who wants to learn more about civics, develop their understanding and capacity for civil discourse, and make a difference for themselves, their family and their community.
A Resource for the People
Established by the Sandra Day O’Connor Institute for American Democracy in 2023, the Civics For Life initiative aims to address the knowledge gap of countless Americans who did not receive (or received very little) civics education during their school years.
According to a 2022 Annenberg Center for Public Policy survey, 1 in 4 Americans cannot name a single branch of the U.S. government. According to a 2022 poll from Yahoo News and YouGov.com, 49% of Americans believe that the U.S. will cease to be a democracy in the future.
Continuing Civics Education
Civics For Life provides resources for all ages across the country, including:
- Robust and user-friendly civics educational materials.
- An ever-expanding library of online conversations and debates with policymakers, authors, and thought leaders showcasing the rich variety of ideas, questions and concerns that are important to citizens.
- Input Circle and Public Square online communities demonstrating civil and productive discourse and engagement.
- Audio, video, and written resources advancing civics education and civil discourse.
- Topical “dueling op-ed” written contributions elevating the best and most sophisticated arguments on both sides of a newsworthy civics-related issue.
- Online publication, Civics for Life Quarterly, focusing on content that connects civics to our daily lives.
An Initiative of Goodness
Civics For Life is a force for goodness, launching important discussions among all age groups nationwide. This type of knowledge exchange is crucial to equip U.S. citizens with resources to make positive changes in their community and beyond. Idea Hall is proud to work with the Sandra Day O’Connor Institute to further its inspiring mission and support civics education, discourse and a community of individuals united in the pursuit of knowledge.
Interested in how Idea Hall can launch your initiative? Schedule a call today!