Idea Hall is unlike any agency. Branding and Public Relations united into one powerful hybrid. It’s peanut butter in chocolate, the rock in your roll. It’s two forces that are commonly disparate, now joined together to build powerful brands and raving fans.
“We build brands and buzz” is what we do. Why we do it is all about being champions of all things good for our clients and our community. We’re a boutique agency, but don’t let our size fool you. Big things come in small packages.
We’ve been named a 2018 “Best Place to Work in Orange County” by OCBJ; one of the “8 Coolest Hidden Gem Companies to Work for in Southern California” by Medium; and rank #88 out of 360 companies in the nation on Entrepreneur’s “Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America” list.
We’re a group of kind, creative, intelligent team players. As a boutique agency, culture is a big deal to us and so is work-life balance. We offer flex hours and a 3 p.m. close every Friday, a competitive benefits package including a monthly wellness allowance, 401K profit sharing, medical/dental/vision and flex spending accounts… and a fully stocked kitchen.
If you’re an experienced practitioner in consumer accounts, we want to hear from you. Experience matters for this role but check the ego at the door. It’s a team thing here. We win together, we lose together, and we always celebrate together.
So, Director of Consumer, show us you have the goods by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Also, be sure to include “Idea Hall Director of Consumer” in the subject line as well as let us know what’s your favorite movie in your cover letter.
Idea Hall is currently looking for a Director of Consumer Accounts who will work closely with the Consumer Team VP to manage day-to-day strategic planning and execution for the agency’s growing consumer lifestyle division
This position will be at the head of a deeply integrated, multi-discipline team composed of various practice area specialists including strategy, creative, influencer, social and digital, brand integrations, event & experiential, PR/comms, measurement, metrics and analytics.
– Manage all day-to-day activities for clients, ensuring the overall strategic vision and tactical execution is in line with the clients’ objectives
– Manage client communication, key internal stakeholders, budgets, and a junior team of high performers
– Need a true leader – independent and proactive
– Deeply understand the client’s business and market landscape – including competitors
– Anticipate client needs and appropriately managing client expectations
– Serve as the internal client with quality circles and final work product
– Identify growth opportunities, then initiate long-term planning with internal teams to bring them to fruition
– Provide seamless planning and execution of all programming, as well as contribute to a sense of confidence and calm among the team
– Manage cross-functional team spanning strategy, digital, influencer, creative, video, etc.
– Track and manage the accounts’ day-to-day financial responsibilities, including but not limited to tracking fees and out-of-pocket projections and actuals against client-approved budgets, keeping the Account VP up-to-date and flagging any potential issues
– Keep a close eye on Client’s competitors and industry trends/opportunities and create awareness to the wider team
– 10-12 years consumer agency & brand experience a MUST
– A strategic and tactical understanding of fully integrated marketing communications
– Management of third-party vendors, talent negotiations, brand partners, etc.
– Ability to identify, vet, and present partnership recommendations to clients, manage contract negotiations, coordinate legal and business affairs reviews, and manage secured talent/influencers and their teams for duration of campaign
– Day-to-day management of multiple sizable accounts and experience in serving as the client contact
– Strong networking, teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with ability to work effectively with stakeholders to achieve a common goal
– Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills to grow current consumer business and identify new consumer opportunities
– Superior written and verbal communications skills
– Ability to effectively delegate and manage assignments, and accurately evaluate others’ work