Idea Hall is hiring a seasoned and strategic Account Director to join our fun and collaborative team in our Costa Mesa headquarters office. If you are an experienced marketer with agency account management experience, and a true team player who likes to play as hard as you work, we want to hear from you!
The Account Director role is an imperative position that manages the day-to-day client/agency relationship, and fosters collaboration with the cross-functional agency teams (creative, digital, and PR). The Account Director drives all facets of project management with many of the agency’s clients on projects including brand creation and development, website design and development, traditional and digital ad development/placement, strategic planning, and more, as needed on a client by client basis. The Account Director is also responsible for strategic support, proposal development and execution, account profitability, and supporting the agency’s new business development efforts. This role will report directly to the VP of Account Services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the day-to-day client relationship, contribute to strategy and excel in all project related activities
- Demonstrate initiative when exploring client needs and responding to requests
- Identify key issues, offer optimistic solutions, gain consensus and exert influence
- Work with account, creative, PR, production and finance departments to develop proposals and create project estimates
- Develop creative briefs and work orders and share with internal teams
- Manage development of clients’ projects from initiation to completion, on time, within budget and on strategy
- Play a key role in developing strategic plans and bringing new ideas and thinking to agency/client teams all throughout the year based on trends and insights
- Mentor and coach junior account team members along their career path
- 7-10 years of hands-on client services experience executing omni-channel marketing campaigns; at least five years of agency account management experience required
- Experience developing and leading a team in a collaborative environment
- Excellent project-management, account management and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to execute with excellence and manage deadlines
- Proficient in all areas of account management
- Self-motivated and dependable with strong strategic thinking skills, and the ability to navigate complex client needs
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and clients
- Proven ability to work well with a team and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong presentation skills
- Solid branding and website project management experience, and well-versed with digital and social media tactics and campaign execution
- Print and digital ad-buying experience, with media relations, is a plus
- A passion for B2B, commercial real estate, finance/fintech, non-profit and professional services
- Proactive TEAM PLAYER with a positive, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field
About Idea Hall
Idea Hall is an award-winning, creative communications agency. We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work in Orange County” by Orange County Business Journal; one of the “8 Coolest Hidden Gem Companies to Work for in Southern California” by Medium; and rank #88 out of 360 companies in the nation on Entrepreneur’s “Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America” list.
But we’re not your typical agency. We unite public relations, creative, branding and marketing together to build a powerful service offering to meet our clients’ many and diverse needs. Think of it as the peanut butter in your chocolate. The rock in your roll. It’s assembling commonly disparate forces together to build powerful brands, effective communications, and raving fans. It’s PR, with the soul of a creative.
Our culture is collaborative, fun and entrepreneurial. We’ve built our culture on a foundation of our five core values: Excellence, Teamwork, Respect, Honesty and Making a Difference. Our values represent how we work with one another. They keep us accountable, define our beliefs, guide our policies/practices and build a strong community.
Building brands and buzz is what we do. At our core we believe in being “Champions of All Things Good” for our clients and our community. We’ve been named to the OC Civic 50 by OCBJ for the past five years! Idea Hall is Orange County’s boutique agency, but don’t let our size fool you. Big things come in small packages. But our box needs to get bigger, brighter, and that’s where you come in.
Idea Hall operates a hybrid work environment guided by the needs of the team, our clients, and the agency at large. We offer an outsized benefits package for an agency of our size, including a monthly wellness allowance and technology stipend, 401K profit sharing and defined benefits plans, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flex spending accounts for healthcare and childcare, and a host of culture-building goodies and perks throughout the year.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “ldea Hall Account Director” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!